I want to use a group study room. How does that work?
The Kathryn A. Martin Library has 20 study rooms available for UMD students and staff to book.
- Go to the Room Booking Calendar to see availability, types of rooms, and to place your booking.
- Pick up the room key from the circulation desk within the first 15 minutes of the reservation.
- Book up to 3 hours a day (more during summer months), up to 3 weeks in advance, per person.
- Learn more details about booking group study rooms.
The library allows more flexible booking by UMD-affiliated users during breaks and summer academic sessions.
Ask a Librarian
Librarians help students, faculty, and staff with their research. You might reach out to a librarian when...
- you’re not sure how to get started with a research project
- you hit a wall in your research
- your usual process isn't working for a particular project
- you want to learn about new tools and strategies to aid your research