How do I renew books, DVDs, and other items? What if I have an overdue item?
Most loans (items with a loan period of 3 days or more) will automatically be renewed until a final renewal date is reached. For undergraduate students, this end date for a regular book loan occurs 6 months after checkout. Fines won't accrue on long-term loans unless a borrower fails to return an item that is recalled or unless the borrower keeps materials beyond the end renewal date.
Materials with short-term loan periods (such as DVDs and course reserve items) must be renewed or returned by the date due, or fines will accrue.
You can manually renew items
- online through My Account
- in person at the Circulation desk
- by calling 218-726-6120 when the library is open
Learn more about borrowing and renewing library materials.
Ask a Librarian
Librarians help students, faculty, and staff with their research. You might reach out to a librarian when...
- you’re not sure how to get started with a research project
- you hit a wall in your research
- your usual process isn't working for a particular project
- you want to learn about new tools and strategies to aid your research