How do I renew an interlibrary loan (ILL) item?
You can request a renewal through your interlibrary loan account before an item becomes due. Please wait to make your renewal request until close to your due date (within 3 days). Your loan will be extended 3 additional days immediately. This is the time required to contact the lending library to ask for a more extended renewal.
- Log in to your interlibrary loan account and click on the Renew button next to the item you wish to keep longer.
- You will receive a 3-day renewal while we wait for a response from the lending library.
We will contact you with a new due date if the renewal is granted. If the lending library denies the renewal, you will receive an email directing you to return the material immediately.
You can find more information on the Interlibrary Loan Services page.
Still have questions? Contact the Interlibrary Loan office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a Librarian
Librarians help students, faculty, and staff with their research. You might reach out to a librarian when...
- you’re not sure how to get started with a research project
- you hit a wall in your research
- your usual process isn't working for a particular project
- you want to learn about new tools and strategies to aid your research