How do I get books delivered to me as a distance education student?
Distance learners are eligible to have library materials shipped to them. The library pays for outgoing shipping; you are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
You can also get help with research remotely.
To qualify for Distance Education services, you must:
- be a currently enrolled UMD student
- Live more than 50 miles from UMD
For more information, see the Distance Learners web page.
Ask a Librarian
Librarians help students, faculty, and staff with their research. You might reach out to a librarian when...
- you’re not sure how to get started with a research project
- you hit a wall in your research
- your usual process isn't working for a particular project
- you want to learn about new tools and strategies to aid your research